What is White Hat SEO?
The “white hat SEO” term refers to SEO tactics that are in line with the required terms and conditions of the major search engines, that also includes Google. In simple terms, it’s the use of various methods that ensure that your website performs well in the SERPs without applying what essentially many people now refer to as cheating. These unscrupulous tactics are known as black hat SEO and involve various spamming tactics, keyword stuffing and more.
Here are the top 10 White Hat SEO techniques that you must follow on your website:
- Offer Quality Content and Services – Use various keyword research tools to find out the most relevant keywords that your website content should be optimised for. Create high quality content that helps your visitors find their solution or requirement.
- Use Descriptive and Keyword-Rich Meta Tags – Adhere best practices while creating meta descriptions for each page on your website. This help search engines and users discover your content easily on SERPs.
- Implement Easy Navigation – Be conscience while creating your website’s structure. Websites which are easy to navigate by users get better engagement and consequently perform well in the SERPs too.
- Image & Video Optimizations– The images and videos on your website must be of a good quality and compressed to load faster. While images and videos on the website get more engagement, they also need to be placed on the website with proper keyword optimization. This way your images & video can also ranking in the search engine.
- Optimise UI (User Interface)/UX (User Experience) – Focus on the user interface of your website, so that your website looks neat & clean and easy to navigate through all the pages. A better user interface gives better user experience which leads to more engagement and better ranking performance in the SERPs.
- Use of Schema – Schema is a collection of various HTML tags that provide rich information about the type of content available on a website. Schema in your websites provides more understanding to the search engines about the type of content.
- Internal Linking – You must interlink all your important pages according to their relevancy and your website structure. This helps your user to easily navigate through the inner pages of your website. This helps to get more engagement from the users and consequently perform better in SERPs.
- Link Building– The key to the right way of link building is to get links from relevant websites, such as links that need human review and links that are earned.
- Focus on Mobile First – Since 70% of searches nowadays are from Mobile, you must optimise your website for mobile audience. Your website must load faster and be easy to navigate in the mobile screen browser.
- Claim Your Local Business Listing – With the increase of smartphones, people are now using hyper local queries to find something or someplace nearby. They will either find the place, visit the place, call on the available phone numbers or finally make a purchase on the local store. So it is important to claim your local business listing from the search engines and optimise with the right keywords, so that your potential customer can find you.
If all of the above sounds like a lot of work, and you do not have the time or resource within your business to carry out a good SEO strategy, drop us a line and our team can assist you with a White Hat SEO service.