How to rank on 1st Page of Google or Bing?
Whenever someone is searching for a product, service, or information, then search engines likes Google and Bing can play an important part of the search process. The person may rely on Google or Bing because of the enormous amount of organised data that each respective Search Engine can organise. People all over the world make more than 3 billion searches every day on Google and Bing Search Engines and 75% of them don’t scroll beyond first page of search results.
Even if you get the first page ranking in Google or Bing, the competition is very tough. You have to contend with PPC ads, Google Listings, Featured Snippets, Related Questions, PLA ads and many more.
The reality is that it is impossible to gaurantee a 1st page search engine listing (changing search engine algorithms and ongoing SEO efforts by competitors) and again you can’t always be at the top of SERP (Search Engine Ranking Page) but with regular SEO activities you may be able to improve your ranking position on search engines. These activities include on-page and off-page SEO.
Below are activities that you should consider carrying out that may list your website higher in search results:
Off Page SEO Activities
Off-page SEO Activities helps your website to increase popularity on the internet, so that your website gets more of a buzz and visibility on the internet. With off page SEO activities, you inform the search engines about the references your website is getting from other authoritative websites.
The off-page activities include the following:
- Social Bookmarking– In this activity, we submit our important webpages to the most popular social bookmarking sites also known as web2.0 sites like Delicious, Reddit, Digg, Plurk, Mix, etc. These type of sites are favored by Search engines because content on these sites is refreshed frequently.
- Social Networking Websites- With social media presence your website builds strong authority and reputation. Social media presence creates your followers, spreads your content online and brings traffic to your website.
- Onsite Blogging- Onsite blogging helps you target auxiliary keywords related to your industry that can’t be targeted on main pages. Onsite blogging helps refresh your website frequently and signals the search engine crawler for new information every time you post a blog. This activity also builds the authority of your website.
- Guest Blogging – In this activity, you submit blog posts on other website to get backlinks on your targeted keywords. This activity brings the link juice of other website to your website and consequently gives a signal to the search engine crawler about your online popularity.
- Forum Commenting – There are many niche forums on the internet which are created to help users find the solution of their problems. In this activity, we find a forum for our industry and participate in our related forum discussion thread and create backlinks to our website that also help the forum members find answers to their problems.
- Photo Sharing – Search engines’ image section has very widely been used for various queries. These images are picked by search engines through various websites like pinterest, imgour, instagram, etc. To promote our website through this activity, we submit our related images on these photo sharing websites with backlink to our website.
- Local Listings – There are many websites which serves as local directory of all the commercial places around your locality. In this activity, we submit our business to a particular product or service niche related to ourselves in a particular locality. This helps visitors find a particular shop or business present in their locality.
- Questions/Answers Submissions- There are various questions which don’t have answers on the internet. People who are looking for a unique query, can submit questions on the questions/answers websites like quora.com, answers.yahoo.com, etc; and the expert of that particular niche provides answers to the questions. In SEO, we provide answers to the related questions of our niche with a link to our website.
So, these are some of the most important activities that you should consider implementing on your website to improve search engine ranking. Using these activities on regular basis will assist your website to increase its ranking over time, across search engines for specific key words.
However it is also important to remember that good quality SEO takes time and it may take anywhere between a few months to a year or more to see any significant results in ranking across Search Engines. There are a number of variables at play that impact search listings, such as Search Engine algorithms may change regularly in addition to this ongoing SEO efforts by competitors may also cause search engine ranking to fluctuate. Ongoing good quality SEO work can assist you in improving rankings over time.